Yes, another bike! I rode a Surly Krampus about 6 weeks ago and fell in love with the 29 x 3" tires. I did not however fall in love with the $2k price or the Cro-mo frame. I love my Salsa Mukluk, and pretty much anything Salsa makes, so imagine my excitement when I scored a Mamasita frame on the ol' eBay! I used a Krampus fork, Velocity P35 wheels, (35mm wide rims) and a Surly Knard tire up front. Out back, I used a Continental Xking 2.4" tire. It took a couple weeks to build everything up, and I rode it Monday for the first time. Success! It's a Krampusita! It's quick, feels great, and has enough "squish" from the fat tires that its not harsh at all. It's going to be used mostly to haul Skyler around in his bike trailer. I was able to score a lot of the parts on sale, eBay or just a sweet deal online, and it came in at less than half price of a Krampus.






No comments:
Post a Comment