Friday, November 7, 2014

Annual combine ride.

I got a call from Ken yesterday around noon that he was moving on the corn maze.  Skyler and I were off!  Time to combine corn!
Unloading 100 bushels of 28% moisture corn.  This is considered "high moisture" corn.  Used for cattle feed.  It gets ground and fermented.

Standing in the cab.

Looking out.

Looking out front.

Unloading into a vintage military 6x6 truck. 
Someone was having a great day!

Riding in the vintage truck.
Still happy!
"C'mon, another truck to ride in!"
I had had enough corn dust so we got out.
Ready...
On the move!

Lots of smashed pumpkins.  What does a pumpkin smell like Skyler?  "Eggs!"  Hmm, not sure about that one.

Here it comes!

4 rows at a time.
"Bye Kenny!" is what Skyler was shouting.

One more pic in front of the Freightliner.  The sun was a little bright.  :)
A sincere thanks to Ken for calling me and letting us tag along.  Skyler had a wonderful time!

No comments:

Post a Comment