Saturday, December 20, 2014

The engine and dinosaur day.

Yesterday we made a trip to Ogden to drop off an engine I had so I could trade it with a gentleman in Iowa.  Long story, a guy who lives in Ogden,  is making a trip to Iowa for Christmas, taking my engine along,  picking up a mid mount grader blade for me, and returning to Utah.  Clear as mud?  The engine was carefully crated by my Father, (thanks Dad) and I branded the outside with my Deere branding iron. (Is anyone at all surprised that I have a John Deere branding iron?)  We also made the trip to Ogden an adventure and semi-date night.  We went to the Eccles Dinosaur park (again, thanks for the idea, Dad) and Skyler got to run around the 9 acres and was thrilled to see each dinosaur.  After the dino park, we went to The Timbermine Steakhouse and had dinner (not bad, but not great) before dropping off the engine.  Skyler fell asleep on the way home only to wake up as soon as we pulled into the driveway.   We finished off the night watching  "White Christmas."  :)

Last week.  Skyler posing with the engine.  Yanmar gas 28hp liquid cooled 3 cyl.

See the wonderful crate?!  Note the branding.

A closer look at the brand.  I got this from the Deere territory rep when I still worked for John Deere.  It's supposed to be used to brand your steaks on the barbecue.
Starting the dino themed day.  Aunt JoAnn sent Skyler a dinosaur backpack filled with toy dinos!  Thanks JoAnn!!

At the park.

It's really nice.

He ran the entire time we were there.

Mouth of Ogden canyon.

Inspecting one of the sculptures.
Almost looks real.  Imagine the terror if it was?!

The statues are all made from concrete with steel substructures.

Huge!

A little nervous.

Utah Raptor.

They even have a play area.  We're considering this place for hosting his birthday next year.
A real bird (swan) and a concrete bird.

The Timbermine was a little weird.  Like a train in a bathtub weird.

Getting upset while waiting for our food.

Yay! It came!

He was mildly well behaved during dinner.
Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment