Saturday, January 10, 2015

Airplane museum.

We made one more trip to Ogden yesterday to complete my engine swap for a grader blade yesterday.  After picking up the blade, we headed to the Hill Aerospace Museum just outside the Air Force Base.  Skyler was thrilled!  After some much needed running around, we went inside and enjoyed the exhibits.  I was floored.  It's probably been 10 years since I've been up there and they have done a spectacular job with everything!   It's worth the trip.  I think Grandpa needs to come along next time.  :)
Free to run!

Headed to the Caribou plane.

Where he tried to turn the propeller.  

Next plane!
A-10 landing just under the left wingtip and above the mountains.

Helicopter!

Checking out the C-124 Globemaster.

Next plane!

The coin funnel was entertaining.
Fully restored top turret from a B-24 Liberator.

MH53J Pave Low helicopter.  Sadly, the Air Force has retired all of these now.  :(



No comments:

Post a Comment