Friday, October 27, 2017

The toolbox.

Two weeks ago, Skyler and I were watching "This Old House" just like I did with my Dad 35 years ago.  On their "Ask This Old House" segment, a little 4th grade girl wanted to make a toolbox with Tom Silva.  Ding!  A light went on in Skyler's and Grandpa's heads!  Grandpa went out and bought the wood the next day.  Turns out, he also bought most of the tools needed to fill said toolbox!  Thanks Grandpa!  Skyler is taking the toolbox (no tools) to show and tell today.  :)

Cross cutting the board to length.  Skyler decided that he would rather have Grandpa use the table saw.
Laying out the sides.
Using a plane to smooth cuts.
Note his flannel shirt matched Grandpa's.  That wasn't planned.
Drilling the holes for the handle.
Tools!
Finished product.  I ordered a small "S" brand so we could brand his first initial to be just like the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment