Monday, November 6, 2017

"I'm only 70!"

That's what my Father said as he started climbing the mulberry tree we were about to cut down yesterday afternoon!  It was the perfect opportunity, the evil next door neighbors went out of town and we could get the fence line tree out without detection or interference.  It only took about an hour to drop the tree, and another 3 hours running the chipper/shredder to grind everything up.  I cut up all the pieces using Dad's world sharpest Stihl chainsaw.  :)  Now we just have to feed the dumpster all winter to get rid of the leftovers.  Thank you Dad for all of your help yesterday!

Grandpa came prepared with all of the proper climbing equipment.
Skyler emulating Grandpa.
He was THRILLED to have Grandpa help!
I was on the rope while Grandpa cut a limb.
After the tree was down, Grandpa left.  I then fired up the chipper and had a supervisor.
Using the hand saw.
Gone!  Now I have to look at that ugly building next door. :(   Note how the top rail of the fence is curved from the tree growing next to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment