Photos not in order of our trip through the school...
![]() |
| Glass block detail on the old pool. The pool hasn't been used in 10+ years. |
![]() |
| Front of the school. New window air conditioner units installed 3-4 years ago to the tune of $3 million! |
![]() |
| Locker. |
![]() |
| More new money spent on air conditioning. I'd like to think that this will get salvaged but I'm probably wrong. |
![]() |
| Quite a crowd turned out, the parking lot was full when we left. |
![]() |
| Looking through the glass doors to the old pool. |
![]() |
| I remember this sign from 30 years ago. |
![]() |
| Auditorium. Original seats still it appeared. |
![]() |
| Goodbye. :( |
![]() |
| Zoomed in view of the pool. There's still a diving board! |
![]() |
| Brick detail outside on the pool building. |
![]() |
| LOTS of glass block! Sorry earth and landfill... |
![]() |
| Original locker tag. |
![]() |
| Sign outside of the auditorium. |
![]() |
| Garage doors that used to be open when we were swimming in gym class if the weather was nice. |
![]() |
| Everyone just gave up on maintenance! Overgrown elm trees all along the foundation. |
![]() |
| The overgrown courtyard looked like Chernobyl. The school was designed for cross ventilation back in the 1950's. Two wings and lots of windows allowed for fresh air. |
![]() |
| Drinking fountain base rotting away. |
![]() |
| Bike rack. ADA ramp to the left is new since I attended. |
![]() |
| The gym. I played a lot of basketball here much to my despise. |
![]() |
| This sign used to be out on Redwood Road. Now it has a crack in it. |
![]() |
| Stair well. More glass block. |
![]() |
| My old art classroom. Original linoleum on the floor. |
![]() |
| Old rotting drinking fountain again. |
![]() |
| Great job on the maintenance Jordan School District! |
![]() |
| This doesn't look worn out to me! |
![]() |
| ADA compliant elevator added since I attended. GREAT job matching the tile to the existing brick! |
![]() |
| ADA railings were new. We never needed any of that crap in my day! |
![]() |
| Original 1950's water fountain. |
![]() |
| Covered walkway between wings. The industrial arts buildings were already torn down. That's where I learned how to work on small engines 30 years ago. |
![]() |
| Balcony view of the auditorium. |
![]() |
| South wing upstairs hallway. Looks to be in fine working shape! |
![]() |
| Walking away. |
![]() |
| Old boiler room smokestack. I imagine this was originally coal fired when it first opened. |
![]() |
| South wing windows. New school construction behind. |
![]() |
| The smoke stack for the pool boiler. The chlorine gas tank was already gone. |
![]() |
| Original terra cotta tiled stairs have survived rather well. |
![]() |
| Drinking fountain again. |
![]() |
| The incredible tile in the bathrooms! I remember the marble thresholds. |
![]() |
| Original bell and speaker. Note the acoustical tile also original. |
![]() |
| More of Chernobyl! |
![]() |
| Fire hoses were still in the fire cabinets when I attended. Not anymore. :( |
![]() |
| I can remember this sign as a kid going swimming with my Sister and Mom. The pool had public pool hours and it was like a dollar to swim. |
![]() |
| Front of the auditorium. Just think how many bricks that took to build! I would think all of this will be in a construction landfill in a month or two. |
![]() |
| Upper view of the courtyard. |
![]() |
| Radiator. These always smelled terrible in the winter! |
![]() |
| Combination fire cabinet on top and garbage on the bottom. |















































No comments:
Post a Comment