I love chicken fried steak! My father and I have had this long standing tradition to seek out the best chicken fried steak in the world! Well, I came pretty close 2 weeks ago. There's a place in York, Nebraska that is called "Chances R". (
Website here. ) Chances R has been around for as long as I can remember. I never got to go there as a kid because it was too "fancy". I went there a few years back when I brought Altair to Nebraska and had a steak or prime rib. Not too bad, not great either. This time I chose the chicken fried steak. It was outstanding! Lightly breaded with an egg wash and seasoned flour, pan fried, served with mashed potatoes, and home made pan gravy! It was seriously one of the best chicken fried steaks I have ever eaten! Naturally, I had to re-create it here at home. That was last night. I have to say I got it close. Altair even liked hers after it sat for an hour and a half waiting for her to get off work. Sorry, no pics of the Chances R meal or last nights, I was too busy enjoying every bite!
 |
| Chances R in downtown York. |
 |
| The sunset for that day. It too was almost perfect! |
No comments:
Post a Comment