Saturday, February 1, 2014

RIP Sears.

The Sears I've known my whole life is being torn down so a new Dillards can be built in it's place.  I can remember shopping there when I was young, my father buying all kinds of tools, and getting a lawnmower and snow blower there among many other things.  The demolition is fascinating to watch, Skyler and I both watched it the better part of a half hour yesterday.  I think we have some daily entertainment for the next couple of weeks.
The main piece of demolition equipment, this Volvo extended reach demolition shear.

Looking Northeast from where the old auto repair shop was.

Looking West from the East parking lot.  Can you spot the skid steer inside on the top floor?

A dump truck just finishing dumping fill material....

...to fill in the old dock!!

They even have an ADT to move broke up concrete into the dock pit.

A panorama pic.

They're filling in the dock pit with fill material and parts of the building!

Another dumper getting ready to dump over the wall.

Filling a truck with all the non concrete waste material.

Can you see the skid steer upstairs?

It appears my magic iPhone 5's camera is developing a spot on the lens.  I've cleaned and cleaned it and that red heart shaped spot is still there.  Sigh...  See the skid steer's lights upstairs? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment