Thursday, February 20, 2014

Derail!

There was a train derailment a few miles from our house yesterday morning.  I loaded up Skyler and called Grandpa and we were on our way out there to watch them re-rail the engines.
  
After the last 2 hours of trying to upload all of the pictures and videos, I give up for the day.  I'll try and have part 2 tomorrow with video hopefully.  Sigh...

We arrived to see them lift up the rear of the trailing locomotive.

The crew went through a closed switch to the main line causing both locomotives to derail.

Almost upright.

Repositioning the side boom crawler.

The threatening sky made the scene especially ominous.

Skyler was somewhat interested.

All of the orange vests were lazy UTA workers.  The yellow vests are from the rail recovery company Durbano Metals.

I think the UTA guys just wanted an excuse to screw off for the morning.

The side boom crawlers are amazing!  Each one can lift 100,000 pounds!

Ready to pick it up.

See how the locomotive is up in the air!?

Setting it on the rails.
 Part two tomorrow.  I hope.  Google's Blogger is especially sucky lately...

No comments:

Post a Comment