Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A hay day.

Skyler and I headed out to my friend Wayne's farm yesterday afternoon to ride in his brand new John Deere W235 self propelled windrower.  It was awesome!  This thing flat out hauls ass cutting hay!  15.5 miles per hour with GPS, 17-18 miles per hour with GPS turned off!  We cut the entire field in a little under an hour.  Skyler was so happy, he didn't want Wayne to stop cutting.  Since there wasn't anymore to cut, we headed over to Wayne's shop and checked out the new Gator and Sklyer played on his forklift.
Our ride.  Look at the size of it!  The drive tires are the same size as a JD 4440's!

Engine rpm top, miles per hour below that.  Yep, 15.5 miles per hour!

5th cutting of dairy hay.

The happy occupants.
What 15.5mph looks like!

Probably the straightest windrows I've ever seen.

It almost looks like Idaho.

Smile! (Like that was hard for him to do.)

Note the 8 42 pound suitcase weights on the rear.  They use the same garden tractor weights I do!  Also, note how tall the thing is! Ignore him holding himself, I don't know what to do about that :( 
The beautiful 6.8 liter 235 horsepower 6 cylinder engine!

The emissions after-treatment equipment.  

It uses the same cab as Deere's combines.  Did I mention that this thing is huge!?

Heading back to the shop.
Playing on the electric forklift in the shop.

This is what happened on the way home.  It must have been a good time, he slept in the garage for over an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment