Sunday, October 12, 2014

A river ride.

We loaded up and headed South to the Veteran's Memorial Cemetery yesterday to ride the Jordan River Parkway.  This section never disappoints,  I always forget how picturesque it is only a few miles from our section of the trail.  There's lots of rollers and hills and I can definitely feel that I was hauling an extra 50+ pounds of kid and trailer today!
Off we go!

Time to see what snacks there are.

Wind turbine.

Hot Rail!
Doesn't it look like Rock Springs, Wyoming?!

A beautiful sight!

Skyler got out to watch the train.

He named the different types of cars.  Tank car!
Box cars!

Frontrunner train!

Or "a passenger train" like Skyler said. :)
This big guy was in the trail.  I think I saved his life, there was a father and his 3 boys about to stone him to death when I came down the hill and around the corner.
Rest time (for us).  Skyler was thrilled to play on the playground all by himself.

Ring the bell!

Our trusty steeds in front, our amazing boy in back!

"Peek-a-boo!"
Blue heron along the water.

He flew off...

And landed a few hundred feet North.

Now he was on the little island.
Wyoming?

Almost finished. 
The Jordan Narrows pumping station.  They lift the Jordan River water up into various drainage canals.

No comments:

Post a Comment