Wednesday, June 3, 2015

First cutting.

Skyler wanted to see the neighbor cut hay yesterday.  We walked up there in the morning and met up with Randy.  This is the first year that I can remember that I haven't been called to fix his swather.  He finally paid someone to fix the machine properly and with the right parts.  I'm so relieved!  On a related note, it must be swather week, Wayne's new swather was down yesterday with header problems.  He missed the Farm Bureau meeting last night because the mechanic where I used to work was out diagnosing and trying to fix the swather.  Big $$!
Just a boy and his dog.

Now he's taking off!

Extra thick first crop hay.  It's at least waist high.

Randy had a field mechanic riding along trying to get the crimping rolls adjusted properly.

"There he goes!"

A classic New Holland baler and possibly an earlier Hesston swather buried in the trees.

Cutting!

"Bye Randy!"  Skyler did say he wanted to stay up there and watch him all day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment