Friday, June 19, 2015

Touring the old Bingham High School grounds.

Skyler went to G&G's Wednesday (and was thrilled because now Grandma is home too) so I took the dog out to Copperton to walk around the old school grounds.  They tore the building down in 2002, but there is still remnants of the athletic field and track.  Photos of the school here.
Stairs leading up to the field.

Looking West toward the mine.  Notice they've began reclaiming some of the overburden piles.

Looking out across the field.

Old workout pieces.

Can you spot it?

Deer!  I had almost let Maizey off leash.  Good thing I didn't, she loves to chase deer!

Old base of a light pole.

Some sort of support.  These were all around the field.

No turf grass anymore.  It's still nice and flat though.  There's still cinders on the track.

Where the bleachers used to be.

Support wall behind the now crushed concrete bleachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment