Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A hike to Lake Solitude.

We headed up to the mountains to hike and celebrate a friend of the family's birthday last night.  The weather and temperature was absolutely perfect!  Skyler did pretty good, he slowed down so much on the way back down that I ended up carrying him on my shoulders.  An added bonus?  We got to see a cow moose swim across Silver Lake!!

We started out right, big CAT grader!

Learning stuff.

The Silver Lake meadow is about as perfect as I've ever seen it.

Rays of light.

On the trail.

Looking down a lift line toward Solitude Ski Resort.

Evergreen goodness!

Dozer!
Meadow of flowers.

At Lake Solitude.  Skyler was thrilled to watch the dozer.  It was way too loud for the evening!

I almost lost Skyler to this old mineshaft, he darted around the corner and was all set to go in when I caught up to him!

Flat water.


Obligatory happy couple selfie.

Skyler wanted his picture taken in front of the working dozer.  :)

He also found this "heart" on a downed tree.

Horizon.

Changing light.

Deer!

The view from the cabin.

Having a bite to eat on the deck at the cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment