Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Cascade Springs.

In an attempt to cool off, we headed up to the mountains early Sunday morning.  I was starting to not feel well but Mommy made me go anyway.  It was a nice drive all the way until we stopped at Sundance Resort for lunch.  Sundance is now on my same list as Snider Bros. meats!  Meaning the list of places I refuse to do business with!  45 minutes of waiting for 3 sandwiches that totaled $30 was absurd!  Add the dirty conditions with biting flies and you got Sundance!  Shame on you Bobby Redford.

Mt. Timpanogos.

Down the accessible trail we go.

Dewy meadow.

Big tree!

Crystal goodness.

"I better get a closer look."

Lush.

Clear.
He wanted to touch the water.

Reeds.

Falls.

Spittle bug on a stinging nettle.

Cascading water.  Wonder where they got the name?

Water cress.

Lots of flow.

More falls.

Stone steps.

"Up I go!"

Mullein plant.

Newly paved trail.
Aspens overlooking the main spring.

Looking East.

Getting hotter.

Looking South across the springs.

Even though we weren't supposed to let her in the water, Maizey had to get a drink and cool off.

Laying in the water.  That's the Border Collie in her!

Waiting for the two of them.

The road towards Midway.

Bridge.  He was pretending to be a troll.

Discarded Robin's egg shell.

Lower springs.

It's still pretty green.
Big pool!

Raging!

Grey Monarch butterflies?

Looking West.

So clear.

Limestone.

Eroded limestone "bowl."

Down goes the water.

I kinda wanted to just mow all of this! :)

Looking for butterflies.

Touching the falls.  He forgot about butterflies.

Southwest view back at the top.

Columbine at Sundance.  About the only nice thing at the damn place.

Hot dog!

Waiting for a $10 sandwich.

Sleeping in the truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment