Friday, November 27, 2015

Turkey day success!

Yesterday was nearly perfect!  No tragedy in the kitchen, no burned or ruined food, no one got upset, and even Skyler refrained from throwing any fits.  The only incident was Mommy burned her finger on the hot lid that I set in the sink.  Sorry Mommy!  It was nice to have everyone over and I had the television on tuned some of the time to the "Alaska railroad: All-a-bored real time ride".  Yes, that was how it was spelled, b-o-r-e-d because it was supposed to be boring.  Only Mommy thought it was boring!  :)
Continuing the railroad theme, this was posted U.P's Facebook page yesterday morning.

Turkey on the pellet grill.  I got the welding blanket so the grill would keep an even 300* temp easier.  It was COLD yesterday!

After we got the bird on the grill, we went for a walk on the Parkway and saw tons of wildlife including this BALD EAGLE!!!

The turkey was looking rather delicious.

Set table.  Skyler was thrilled to have a special plate.

Perfectly roasted bird!  No one knew it was grilled until I said something!  :)

All set, let's eat!

Mommy made two of the best tasting pies we've ever had!  Pumpkin with home grown pumpkin on the left, pecan on the right.  Both recipes courtesy of Alton Brown.  They were seriously SO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment