Monday, May 27, 2013

The biggest day.

At least for Skyler.  We started out by riding the beach cruisers to the main city park so he could play on the playground.  After we played on 3 of the playgrounds, we rode home and Skyler got to swim while I grilled some hot dogs.  It was time for a nap.  Nearly 3.5 hours!  Then it was time to camp in our yard.  I decided to try camping out in the yard to see how he would do.  This way we wouldn't have to drive forever for nothing if there was a meltdown.  Skyler was thrilled with the campfire and tent!  We all slept pretty good, a testament to the great day.  Now it's time for a camping breakfast, french toast and BACON!!!
Our rides to the city park.

Someone had no idea how much fun was about to be had.


At the top.

At the bottom!

One more time!

"Whee!"

Climbing a ladder.

Swinging in the swing.

Horsey!

"Steering" the play train.

"I see you!"

Playground #2.

Airplane.

Playground #3.

Time for some fuel and a swim.

Swimming.

He kept getting out to have some hot dogs and chips.

Getting the campfire started.  Just like real camping, the damn thing didn't want to burn.  Sigh.

Tenting tonight, tenting tonight.  Look it up.  It' from an old song I remember my Dad singing when we would camp.

Mommy had to have S'mores.

Typical camping, ominous looking weather.


Graham crackers in bed!



No comments:

Post a Comment