Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Big Boy 4014.

We drove out with Grandma & Grandpa to see the 4014 Big Boy yesterday.  It did not disappoint!  We were there early and it was beginning to become a madhouse quickly.  Skyler was so excited he was nearly out of control the entire time!  It's hard to convey the size of the locomotive in pictures, the thing is just massive!  I think Skyler and I will drive up to see it again tomorrow in Ogden.
He would only hold onto Grandpa's hand.

I think he was a little leery of the locomotive after seeing it go by in the dark Friday night.
68" drivers dwarf a 42" kid!  Look at the size of the main rod!
It was parked on a siding next to a tiny access road making it difficult to get any good pictures.  The length of the loco and tender is 132 feet!
The poor bastards moving it have to sleep on the train!  This sign and derail keep other trains or cars entering the siding containing the occupied camp car.

No comments:

Post a Comment