Monday, June 9, 2014

The biggest and best day of his life.

We took Skyler to Lagoon yesterday.  The temperature was perfect, there weren't many people, and the place was really clean.  I figured we would only make it a couple of hours due to a meltdown or him getting tired but, we stayed a little over 4 hours!  Skyler never got scared on any of the rides and overall listened and behaved really well.  His new incentive for potty training is getting to go back to Lagoon.  I'm sure we will have to go back regardless of potty training and next time bring Grandma & Grandpa so I can ride some rides.
The whale ride was his first ride.

Red Barron was his next.
Look at the beautiful clouds with the green hills!

Driving the electric car.

This melted my heart just a bit.  Seeing that tiny little body driving away reminded me how fast he's growing up. :(
Look at that face!

I loved this ride 35 years ago and I still love it today.  Great re-creation of a '50's service station.

All done!
1950's goodness.
Time for a helicopter ride.

He pulled his bar in and was the only kid flying high.
The 120 year old carousel still delights.
"Wave to Daddy!"
Splash! It was time for lunch.

Lunch consisted of fire roasted corn on the cob with french fries.  I had a delicious bacon cheeseburger.  We ate on the terrace by the log flume.

We even had a lunch companion!  A peacock!

Getting ready to ride the octopus.

"Wave to Daddy!"

The view from the giant Ferris wheel.  Can you spot the JD 620 tractor?  I wonder if Lagoon wants to sell it to me?

Back to the car, ice cream time!

"So good Daddy!"
 We (Altair and I) had a great time.  I never really stopped to notice all the behind the scenes action and beauty of Lagoon.  I always just rushed to ride every ride.  The place is really nice with immaculate landscaping and loads of history.  Having a little kid makes you remember being a little kid and brings back all kinds of great memories.




No comments:

Post a Comment