Monday, March 30, 2015

A picnic at the farm.

Skyler has been wanting to go on a picnic pretty much the past 6 months.  It was his lucky day yesterday!  We packed up and headed to Wheeler Farm, the historic farm operated by Salt Lake County.  It's still in a sad state of repairs I hate to say.  I did notice they had a brand new John Deere 5075E tractor with loader and backhoe though.  Must be nice to have unlimited taxpayer dollars...
Goats!

Skyler going "Baah" to the goat.

Skyler not listening and Maizey herding him.

Broken down JD 336 baler.
I've spent a lot of hours behind one of these throwing bales!

Waiting...

The old sleigh is now rotting away in the woods.

Gearbox on an old Farmhand silage wagon.

Bigger shot of the wagon.  They used to put up their own silage and feed it to the animals years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment