Sunday, April 24, 2016

Walking before the storm.

We drove down to the Jordan Narrows area of the Parkway yesterday morning.  There's a new section that runs North.  After walking part of it in the terrible wind, we turned around to walk the South section that we're familiar with and it was more out of the wind.
It was a bit chilly starting out.

Looking West towards the Veterans Memorial Cemetery.

East view.

Pumping station.

North view.

Panoramic pic.

This gorgeous Indian Paintbrush was growing along the old fence line.

Remnants of the metal siphon pipe going uphill.

TRAIN!!

Diesel locomotive pushing the train from the rear end.

One working windmill, one broken.

Sometime in the last year they dug up the nice clay sedimentary walls of this canyon.  :(

There's still a little left.

"What?"

The U.P. was working on the tracks.

Medical helicopter.

An odd place for a rope swing, this is right next to a bridge.

Track alignment machine.

Working now, it was fresh off of a service.

Up the big hill!

They were singing "I think I can, I think I can!"

I see headlights!

Northbound.

The sun came out.

I want to see this section from the train.  We've been talking about taking it for a ride to Prove, stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment