Sunday, July 22, 2018

Train ride in the park!


We headed up to South Weber yesterday morning to ride the miniature trains at Canyon Meadows Park.  This occurs the 3rd Saturday of every month through October and we plan to be back.  It's a pretty sweet setup!  Skyler (and I) now want one in our yard...  :)

Double track?!
"I hear one comin'!"

There it is!
Away it goes!
Pretty big park/track!
Hydraulic drive locomotives.  You can see the V twin engine through the cab windows.  If were to do a locomotive, it would have a 3 cylinder liquid cooled diesel or gas engine. (think John Deere garden tractor)  :)

Skyler and Mommy's turn.
Woo Hoo!
There's even a working crossing complete with crossing arms!

It's hard not to notice how silly the whole thing looks especially when you see a grown man operating the thing.  I still want one!
Still having a wonderful time.  At least Skyler was!
Crossing the sidewalk.  The horns are just automotive type horns, I would have to change that on mine.
The neighbors must be thrilled!
Headed for the station.
Whoever is in charge must be on the City Council.  It's incredible to see what they have done with the place.


Solo ride!


Pretending to be a "rock" in the ballast car.
Pretty cute!
"See you next month!"
On our way home, the intercooler hose blew off of Mommy's car because it never was tightened properly after the dealership visit last month.  Yay for shitty workmanship from the transmission recall! The mechanic even left several screws (and the nuts holding the boost pipe) off of the car!!!

 I limped it home and was able to re-attach everything properly.  I'm planning on visiting the dealership (with photographic evidence) tomorrow.  😡

No comments:

Post a Comment