Tuesday, October 13, 2015

End of an era.

We walked down to the neighborhood park after dinner last night and were shocked to see the playground was being renovated!  Skyler was rather upset and I was a bit too.  We noticed a huge stockpile of new playground parts at the city cemetery on Friday so we knew something was probably going to happen.  I'm mostly upset about the swings, both of my (now deceased) Grandmothers had pushed me on the same swings that are now gone.  :(  I'm glad Skyler got to swing on them one last time the other day and I'm also glad that G&G have pushed him on the same swings I swung on as a kid.  We're pretty excited to have an all new playground, the existing one was showing its age.

What's left of the swings.  I would have gladly taken them and set them up in our yard if I had known this was going to happen.  Now they're all bent up and useless.

Someone was pretty upset!

Even the Bobcat wasn't going to cheer him up.

:(

Since there was no playground, he took off across the park!

Maizey dog didn't seem to care either way.  She's just happy to be able to chase her flying disc.

We got home and after his bath, it was homework time.  He is able to trace the written words with ease.  Using either hand too I might add.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment