Sunday, June 22, 2025

Look who got to fly on an Air Force C-130!

I dropped Skyler off out in Wendover, UT on June 11th and we picked him up yesterday morning.  He was staffing this encampment and was in the kitchen helping to prepare meals.  Oh, and on Wednesday, he got to fly with the Air Force in a C-130H Hercules!

(Most photos courtesy of the Nevada CAP & are not in any particular order.)

Cadets looking out THE OPEN REAR BAY DOOR in flight!!

Climb aboard.

Everyone had earplugs.

What an opportunity!

Right over I-80, door open!

My kid, IN A C-130!!!

Hot unloading.  Engines running.  He said the prop wash was insane even though the flight crew had the props feathered.

Taxiing where we did on the B-29.

I screen grabbed their flight path from Flightradar24.

Upgraded 8 blade propellers.





There they go!

Liftoff.



Skyler sent me this pic Tuesday after the Nevada Air National Guard landed.


No comments:

Post a Comment