![]() |
| Skyler watching from his car seat. He fell asleep shortly after this pic. Even with the world's loudest train whistle blowing! |
Monday, September 17, 2012
The UP 844 steam locomotive.
As mentioned last week, while we were in Nebraska we followed the UP 844 at speed (60 mph) along highway 30. Keep in mind, this thing was built in 1944 using slide rules. It weighs nearly 1 million pounds and is capable of going 110 mph!! It's the largest, fastest piece of machinery I've ever witnessed in action. The locomotive will be in Ogden, Utah this Saturday for Union Pacific's 150 birthday celebration. I'm contemplating driving up to Evanston and following it down the canyon into Ogden this Friday. Here's the rest of the pics and video.
And if you were linked here from my sister's blog, here's a tractor pic with Skyler. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













Yay, bonus Tractor Boy pic!
ReplyDeleteAlso, that train's pretty cool! But how come it made me think of Bugs Bunny cartoons?
ReplyDeleteReally? Buggs Bunny? Because it's going so f*cking fast!?
DeleteMore like I want to hear the factory music while it's chugging along!
Delete