Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

It's Skyler's second Halloween today though I doubt he remembers his first.  Yesterday, I gathered all the pumpkins that were eligible to carve together from the garden.  Altair didn't get home until 7:30 last night so Skyler and I will have to carve pumpkins ourselves today.

 I'm cooking my famous(?)  (infamous?) chili today which includes grinding my own course ground beef.  I think it's been a family tradition on my family's side since I was Skyler's age to have chili on Halloween.  I'll post pics and possibly a general recipe tomorrow.  I can't give all my secrets away. ;)
I planted Skyler's maple tree that was planted this spring from a seed from Altair and my "love" tree.  Long story...  It involves the movie "How to lose a Guy in 10 days".  Basically, if the tree dies so does our love for each other.  I'm happy to say, our maple is 10+ years old!  It too was planted from a seed from my parent's maple tree.  Ah, so precious!

Skyler carried this pumpkin all the way from the garden.  So heavy!

"This one's mine!"

"All of them are mine!"

He was quite pleased to be able to pick it up and carry it.

No comments:

Post a Comment