Sunday, March 31, 2013

First Fat Bike ride!

We took our new bikes up to Red Butte yesterday to try them out. Two things, I'm way out of shape! And, once you've ridden a Fat Bike you'll never want to ride anything else. They are SO capable and have limitless traction. You can pick and hold any line you want and they just go through or over. Altair said she felt more confident on one than on a regular mountain bike. I can still go like a bat outta hell on one going downhill. I forgot how fun and freeing it is to ride. We're planning on riding every weekend as long as the weather is nice. I want to be able to ride up to Dog Lake on my birthday.


I took pictures of Altair, hard to take pictures of myself. :)


She was smiling most of the time.


A gorgeous day!  Looking North towards downtown SLC.


I was so proud of her! She rode all the technical sections without any incidents.  Pretty good! 


I think it's been at least 6 or 7 years since we did any "real" mountain biking.


Everyone we would run into would say " Look at the size of those tires!"


She got a new helmet (a day early) for Easter. 


I knew it was a perfect day, this JD was parked as we were leaving.  Must be a sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment