Saturday, March 2, 2013

Another day, another dollar, another meal...

We went for a walk in the FIFTY DEGREE WEATHER(!) yesterday.  Skyler loved being outside and seeing the ducks along the canal.  Maizey dog and I appreciated the sunshine and vitamin D as well.
Ferrel kitty sunning in a pipe.
After our walk it took Skyler forever to get sleepy enough to have a nap.  Once he went down though, he slept for 2 hours!
So tired on the Boppy!
As he was sleeping I started dinner thinking Altair would be home in time to eat with us.  (She's been working extra late all week and I have given up on trying to cook a meal each night.)  I made a Southwestern soup (recipe here) that I saw on the RFD (farm channel) show "This week in Louisiana Agriculture".  Why am I watching that?  Who knows?, it has to do with agriculture and Skyler liked the opening credits that showed a combine.  I also made some cornbread to go along with our soup.  Altair got home a little after 7:30 and Skyler and I had eaten dinner an hour earlier.
It was SO good and easy to make!  I used sweet potatoes and some frozen corn from our garden.
Cornbread.  I even used the Lodge cornbread pan!
Finally, since Huevos Rancheros were such a hit last week, we had them again this morning!
Skyler's JD loader happened to make it in the shot.  Yes, that's Kona coffee in my cup.  :)
Skyler really enjoyed the raspberry syrup on his waffles!
What a sticky mess!
Altair got a new laptop for work yesterday.  That just means that she gets to work from home that much more.  She already worked most of the evening until 9:30, put Skyler to bed,  and then until 12:30am.  I pray that this shit will end sooner rather than later.... :(

Oh, and I found a BIKE!  It should be here Wednesday.  Wait until you see it, I haven't been this excited about riding in over 20 years!  It's also the last one in the country.  I've called every bike shop in the western US after a deal from New York fell through last week.
A teaser of what's to come...









No comments:

Post a Comment