Thursday, November 29, 2018

Foodie Christmas!


AKA, Thanksgiving!

We hosted Thanksgiving at our place again this year.  I think it's now become a tradition to do so, I thoroughly enjoy making a dinner and having everyone over to share.  I'll let the pics do the explaining.

Fresh picked sage and thyme from our garden...

Used in our stuffing with our home grown celery!
                   
Our 9.8 pound fresh turkey from Sprouts Market.  It brined in apple juice and salt for 2 days.

Butter makes the meal!  Two sticks for the stuffing.

Homemade bread by Mommy added to the celery, onions, and herbs.
Turkey check.  Halfway through cooking I flip it over.  This way the breast meat starts out in broth and doesn't get too dry.
Time to flip!
Table set.  Skyler saved his place name tags from last year's Thanksgiving!

Stuffing and bird on the bottom, cranberry and garden squash on top.
Boiling the potatoes for mashed potatoes really made the house humid!  Skyler decided to write on the front door.
It says "Happy Thanksgiving everyone"!
He made the wreath at school.

Cranberry apple compote.  Every dish featured something grown in our yard.  In this case, it was apples from my Parents' apple tree.
The garden grown butternut and acorn squash.  It didn't look too pretty but it was delicious!  My own recipe.  :)

Finished stuffing.
Finished turkey.

My plate in progress.
Full table.  It was kind of quiet.  That means everyone (hopefully) enjoyed the food!  Thank you family for coming to dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment