Wednesday, January 30, 2013

1983.

Remember the floods of 1983 in Salt Lake City?  I vaguely do.  I stumbled on these pics yesterday while researching the current snow levels in our mountains.  (We're not in danger of not being able to water our gardens thankfully).  Enjoy!
Looking North to the Capitol.
I do remember doing this.  My Dad hung on to my belt loop on my pants so I wouldn't be swept away.
Do you see what's playing!?  I saw it in theaters.  Not the Centre Theater though.
An International Harvester loader.  They're out of business now.  You can just barely make out Sears behind the loader.
All the Whoos had to cross the river in Whooville.
Look at all the sandbags!
It's hard to believe that was 30 years ago!  I don't think we'll have to worry about history repeating itself this year.  Although, if it keeps snowing (we're on day 3 of 4 days of snow) I might get to show Skyler this scene in person this Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment