Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars night.

Altair and I have a long tradition of watching the Oscars every year.  We both love movies, and we started watching the Oscars together 11 years ago after we were engaged. We usually celebrate with dinner or something special.   I made guacamole, beer braised bison meatballs, fried shrimp, (for me) fish sticks, (for Skyler), mini pigs in a blanket and a Dr. Praeger's spinach patty (also for Skyler). 
Meatballs in the middle.

Fresh flowers from Costco, champagne, and home made guacamole.

Fish sticks and spinach patty for Skyler.

My plate.

Skyler's plate.  Yes, that's a John Deere plate for him.
We had a nice time, it was fun to snack and watch the show.  Side note here, Skyler has started calling anything on the television "show?" 

2 comments:

  1. Did you catch the Scarlett Johansson song for the Chasing Ice documentary? I need to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did. It looks depressing as hell though! Great voice on Scarlet.

    ReplyDelete