There was a recipe for steel cut oats with bananas from Jamba Juice featured on one of the local stations here recently. I made some yesterday for Sunday breakfast. It is fantastic! Skyler gulped his down and so did Altair and I.
 |
| "Hmm, I'm not too sure about this..." |
 |
| "Oh yes, I like it". |
 |
| "So yummy!" He even said yummy this morning when I heated some up for him. He ate an entire bowl today. |
Here's the recipe, I used Bob's Redmill steel cut oats.
More info here.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add the oats. Stir for 2
minutes to toast. Add the boiling water and reduce heat to a simmer.
Keep at a low simmer for 30 minutes, without stirring.
Combine the milk and half of the buttermilk with the oatmeal. Stir
gently to combine and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Spoon into a
serving bowl and top with remaining buttermilk, brown sugar, and
cinnamon.
Last night I was craving a charcoal grilled rib-eye steak. I forgot how much I miss my barbeque and fired it up in the 20 degree weather. A little Misty's seasoning, (Misty's is a steakhouse in Lincoln, Nebraska. They're known for their special blend of seasons on their prime rib and steaks.) A splash of Worcestershire sauce, and a dash of garlic powder on each side of each steak. Light the coals and let the grill preheat. (I had to use extra charcoal because of the cold.) Place your grill 1 inch above the coals. Grill each steak for 3 minutes per side over a very hot flame and they will be a perfect medium-rare. I made a dinner salad and baked potato to go with the steaks. Skyler had his own baked potato, and a grilled uncured turkey hot dog. He didn't want anything to do with the steaks. I'll have to work on that...
 |
| It was a taste of heaven! I had to sample before I took the picture. Delicious rib-eyes! |
 |
| The magic seasoning. You can order it here. |
No comments:
Post a Comment