Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Altair's daylillies.

I have to say I'm pretty proud of our yard.  Granted, I'd like to have 10 acres instead of just a half acre.  I think this year has been extra good as far as perennials go.  It's been hot as hell, I've been watering to the tune of 60,000 gallons of water last month, ( no lie, I got the bill today) but the flowers are spectacular!  Altair's daylillies are one of the many great perennials in our garden.  Some of the daylillies even came from Nebraska.  There's a daylilly farm in York county and the lady that runs it even ships bulbs in the fall.  Some were hand delivered in our car.  Some by airplane carry on.  Nevertheless, here's a few.  I didn't take any duplicate photos.  She even bought 6 more varieties this past Saturday while I was getting the giant reeds!
















And not to be outdone by the flowers, here we have Skyler hamming it up in his new chair.
"look what I can do!"

No comments:

Post a Comment