Saturday, July 7, 2012

At the zoo.

Yesterday we spent the afternoon at the zoo.  I hadn't been to this particular zoo in 25 years and a lot has changed.   Hogle zoo is no longer a concentration camp for exotic animals.  I was blown away by all the improvements and changes to the animal exhibits.  Even the landscaping was spectacular! Skyler had a great time including watching the polar bear swim right by him and riding the zoo's train.  We'll probably have to go back in a month or so because there was just so much to see.
The entrance.  It had been so long since I had been,  they had a moved the entrance.

The train!  This used to be steam powered, now it's a hydrostatic drive.


Elephant.

Mom and baby.  Mom would bring hay over to the water for baby to soften and eat.

Rhino.

Skyler was so delighted to see the polar bear swim.

Tiger.  We were probably 12 feet away.

Getting ready to ride the train.  He was saying "toot toot"

After our train ride he watched the next train leave.  We were getting tired at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment