While at the Zoo on Friday I spotted a plant near the elephants. I thought it was bamboo at first, but it turns out to be a grass called Giant Reed or
Arundo donax. I had to have some to hide the asshole neighbor's trucks and other shit in his backyard! It was off to Glover nursery to find it. They had some already growing and it looks like this:
 |
| The specimen at the nursery. A nice 10-15' height. |
 |
| It reminds me of corn. :) |
The grass will die off in winter but aggressively grows back each spring. We bought 4 plants and I had to dig out some of the precious lawn for now. More sod removal will follow as the plants grow in maturity. The eventual goal is to make this like the zoo's planting bed, lots of grass and trees.
 |
| The guy at the nursery said to expect this to be 13' by September. I'll keep throwing some fertilizer on it to ensure that happens. |
 |
| One of the 4 we bought. I can tell it's happy to be in our yard and it won't disappoint me by not growing. |
No comments:
Post a Comment